Some links are sponsored. We only list verified genuine companies we like.
By Michael Wong | November 30, 2018.
Get Cashback For Receipts
- National Consumer Panel
What Is Cashback For Receipts?
What do you do with your old shopping receipts?
Do you throw them away?
Would you like to turn them into cash and rewards instead?
I'm not kidding!
You can, by scanning your shopping and grocery receipts for market research companies.
Can I Use A Coupon And Still Get Cash Back For My Receipt?
Yes. You can typically use a coupon and still receive cash back and rewards scanning your receipt.
Why Do Companies Pay For Scanned Receipts?
Market research companies collect scanned receipt data from thousands of members and summarizes them into market research reports.
Consumer brand companies and retailers buy these reports and use the insights gained from the data for marketing purposes.
How Much Cash Back Do I Get?
You will typically get 1-2% cash back or more from cash back for receipt sites and apps.
Top 2 Cashback For Receipts Sites
Here are my top 2 cashback for receipts sites. Visit each site for more information:
- Earn points, sweepstakes entries and other prizes:
- scanning your shopping receipts
- providing information on non-barcoded items that you purchased, such as fruit, vegetables, meats, baked goods, gas and prescriptions.
- providing information about your shopping trips, like the store you went to, items purchased online, whether you used a club/shopper card and the prices of the items you purchased
- participate in special studies, by invitation-only
- participating in surveys
- Redeem points for prepaid Visa cards, gift cards (Amazon, iTunes, Kindle Fire, etc.), electronics, household appliances, sporting goods, etc.
- Earn entries into weekly, monthly, quarterly ($20,000 Grand Prize) and annual sweepstakes for points, gift cards and cash.
- Discounts on AT&T wireless plans and accessories.
- If you have an Android device, iPhone or iPad with a camera, you can use it to scan receipts.
- If you do not have a mobile device with a camera, NCP will provide you with a handheld scanner.
- Mobile app ratings:
- Android: 4.3 (9,900+ reviews / 100,000+ downloads)
- iOS: No rating
- National Consumer Panel is a Nielsen/IRi joint venture. Nielsen Holdings Plc is a $7 billion publicly traded company (http://c1ick.us/nielsen-nys).
- Employees: 10,001+ (http://c1ick.us/nielsen-lkd)
- BBB accredited rating: A+ (http://c1ick.us/nielsen-bbb)
- Minimum age: 18+
- Countries: USA
- Free to join: Yes
- Use ReceiptHog, by InfoScout, to scan your shopping receipts and earn coins or Hot Slots spins depending on the retailer on the receipt.
- Every qualifying Coin-Receipt earns you an entry into that month’s sweepstakes draw to these prizes:
- 5 users win 5,000 coins
- 500 users win 200 coins
- 5,000 users win 20 coins
- Earn coins based on the value of the receipt:
- <$10 = 5 coins
- $10 to $50 = 10 coins
- $50 to $100 = 15 coins
- $100+ = 20 coins
- Each time you spin the Hog Slots, you have a chance at even more coins. Each day, one lucky winner wins the value of his or her last shopping trip in coins.
- Redeem coins for Amazon gift cards, magazines, or PayPal cash:
- 1,000 coins = $5
- 1,800 coins = $10
- 3,200 coins = $20
- 4,500 coins = $30
- Frequently active participants get additional ways to earn coins, including short surveys, barcode scans, and even more spins at the Hog Slots.
- Requirement: Android device, iPhone or iPad with a camera to scan receipts.
- Mobile app ratings:
- Android: 4.5 (63,00+ reviews / 1 million+ downloads)
- iOS: 4.7 (20,000+ ratings)
- $2.5 million+ earned by members.
- Funding: InfoScout raised $21.4 million (http://c1ick.us/infoscout-crb), before it was acquired by Vista Equity Partners, a private equity firm with $30 billion in capital commitments (http://c1ick.us/vistaequitypartners-lkd), in 2017.
- Employees: 51+ (est. 2011) (http://c1ick.us/infoscout-lkd)
- Minimum age: 13+
- Countries: USA, UK.