Some links are sponsored. We only list verified genuine companies we like.
By Michael Wong | November 30, 2018.
Sell Musical Instruments For Cash
Do you or your kids have musical instruments or accessories that are no longer used?
If you do, you can quickly sell them to resale music stores and websites for cash.
Top 3 Stores & Sites To Sell Your Musical Instruments & Accessories
Here are my top three musical instrument resale stores and online marketplaces where you can sell musical instruments and accessories for cash.
Visit each website for more information:
- Sell musical instruments and gear for cash at any of Music Go Round's 35+ stores across the United States.
- How it works:
- Take your musical instruments and gear, and your ID, into a Music Go Round store.
- They review your items and identify a fair market value for them, depending on item's condition, supply, and demand for it.
- They make you an offer (subject to thorough testing of the product) based on its fair market value.
- If you accept the offer, they pay you on the spot in the form of an official company check, or you can trade against products in the store.
- Typically, Music Go Round will pay 40% to 60% of what they deem to be the fair market value of your items.
Music Go Round buy used:
- Aged 18+
- Valid driver's license or government issued ID
- Legal owner of the product - proof of ownership may be requested during the transaction
Music Go Round is part of the Winmark Corporation, an American franchisor of five retail businesses, with over 1,200 stores across North America, and over $1 billion in retail sales.
Winmark Corporation is a $500 million publicly traded company (http://c1ick.us/winmarkcorp-ndq).
Employees: 51+ (est. 1988) (http://c1ick.us/winmarkcorp-lkd)
Address: Winmark Corporation, 605 Highway 169 North Suite 400, Minneapolis, MN 55441.
- percussion instruments
- band instruments
- pro sound gear
- Sell used and vintage musical instruments, such as guitars, amps, drums, cymbals, keyboards, microphones, and effects pedals for cash or store credit, at any of Guitar Center's 495+ stores across the United States.
- How it works:
Guitar Center buy used:
- Take your musical items into a Guitar Center store.
- They evaluate your items based on several factors, including condition of the piece, historical sales data, and market desirability.
- They make you an offer.
- If you accept the offer, they pay up to $500 cash on the spot (most stores), or a Guitar Center check for payments over $500, or store credit.
- amplifiers and effects
- pro audio
- folk and traditional instruments
- drums and percussion
- keyboards and MIDI
- DJ equipment
- recording gear
Mobile app ratings:
- (855) 770-3373
- Español 877-687-5402
- Monday to Friday, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. PST, and weekends, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. PST
- Online email
Funding: Guitar Center raised $101.3 million when it became a publicly traded company in 1997 (http://c1ick.us/guitarcenter-crb), before it was acquired for $2.1 billion by Bain Capital, a private equity firm with $85 billion in assets under management, in 2007.
Employees: 10,001+ (est. 1964) (http://c1ick.us/guitarcenter-lkd)
BBB accredited rating: A+ (http://c1ick.us/guitarcenter-bbb)
Address: 5795 Lindero Canyon Rd., Westlake Village, CA 91362.
- Android: 4.7 (3,100+ reviews / 100,000+ downloads)
- iOS: 4.8 (9,700+ ratings)
Musical Instrument Resale Online Marketplaces
- Sell new, used, vintage, and handmade musical instruments and accessories on the Reverb online marketplace. Think of it as an eBay for musical gear.
- Selling fee:
- 3.5% of the total sale amount (including shipping), after your item has sold
- Minimum fee: $0.50
- Maximum fee: $350
- Reverb Payments fee:
- $0.25 plus 2.7% of transaction total
- Reverb Preferred Sellers: $0.25 plus 2.5% of transaction total
- 1% cross-border fee on all international transactions
- PayPal fee: $0.30 plus 2.9%
- Cash out by direct deposit into your bank account
- Seller protection:
- Secure transaction with Reverb Payments.
- For items paid for through PayPal, sellers are protected by PayPal's Seller Protection and Reverb customer service staff will help by providing details during PayPal's resolution process.
- In the unlikely event of a dispute, Reverb assists both the seller and buyer.
- Reverb Price Guide: estimates the current value of items in used but original condition.
- Shipping Estimator (UPS, USPS, FedEx, DHL, Canada Post): helps you estimate your shipping costs.
- Reverb sell:
- shipping labels
- shipping materials
- international shipping labels (items under $2,500)
- damage and signature insurance
- If you buy Reverb Shipping Protection with a Reverb Shipping Label, Reverb will cover the cost of repairs or the sale amount, if your item is damaged or lost in shipment
- $0.01 to $200: 2.5%
- $200.01 to $1,500: 1%
- $1,500.01 to $5,000: 1% (required)
- $5,000.01 to $10,000: 1.5% (required)
- USPS and UPS insure items with declared values of up to $100 (no additional cost)
- Phone: (888) 726-2728, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (CT)
- Live chat: Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (CT)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 715,000+ buyers.
- 1.7 million+ registered users.
- 80 million+ visitors per year.
- Mobile app ratings:
- Android: 4.7 (2,700+ reviews / 100,000+ downloads)
- iOS: 4.9 (17,600+ ratings)
- Funding: $47 million (http://c1ick.us/reverb-crb)
- Employees: 51+ (est. 2013) (http://c1ick.us/reverb-lkd)
- Address: Reverb.com LLC., 3345 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago IL, 60657.
- Minimum age: 18+
- Countries: USA, worldwide.
- Free to join: Yes