By Michael Wong | June 30, 2021.
Some links are sponsored. We only list verified genuine companies we like.
- Sell used and vintage musical instruments, such as guitars, amps, drums, cymbals, keyboards, microphones, and effects pedals for cash or store credit, at 495+ Guitar Center stores across the United States.
- How it works:
Guitar Center buy used:
- Take your musical items into a Guitar Center store.
- They evaluate your items based on several factors, including condition of the piece, historical sales data, and market desirability.
- They make you an offer.
- If you accept the offer, they pay up to $500 cash on the spot (most stores), or a Guitar Center check for payments over $500, or store credit.
- amplifiers and effects
- pro audio
- folk and traditional instruments
- drums and percussion
- keyboards and MIDI
- DJ equipment
- recording gear
Mobile app ratings:
- (855) 770-3373
- Español 877-687-5402
- Monday to Friday, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. PST, and weekends, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. PST
- Online email
Funding: Guitar Center raised $101.3 million when it became a publicly traded company in 1997 (http://c1ick.us/guitarcenter-crb), before it was acquired for $2.1 billion by Bain Capital, a private equity firm with $85 billion in assets under management, in 2007.
Employees: 10,001+ (est. 1964) (http://c1ick.us/guitarcenter-lkd)
BBB accredited rating: A+ (http://c1ick.us/guitarcenter-bbb)
Address: 5795 Lindero Canyon Rd., Westlake Village, CA 91362.
- Android: 4.7 (3,100+ reviews / 100,000+ downloads)
- iOS: 4.8 (9,700+ ratings)