Some links are sponsored. We only list verified genuine companies we like.
By Michael Wong | October 19, 2018.
Sell Your Phone For Cash
Do you have an old mobile phone, tablet, iPod, laptop, computer, gaming console, or smart watch collecting dust somewhere?
Maybe you have a few.
If you do, then did you think about selling them on eBay but felt it was too much work?
Or maybe the screen is scratched, scuffed, or even cracked. Or there is a missing button or part. Or the device does not power on.
Did you know there are companies that will give you a guaranteed cash payout or gift card for your brand new, used and even slightly damaged devices?
There is no need to mess around with auctions, dealing with potential buyer questions, or worry about the price you may get for your device.
I will share with you seven websites that are primarily interested in buying smart phones, especially iPhones and Samsung Galaxy phones. But they do buy other phones and electronic devices as well.
Scratched Or Broken Phone?
You can get cash for your phone, even if:
- the phone or screen is scratched, scuffed, cracked or broken
- there are missing buttons or parts
- the phone does not power on
Naturally, you will receive a lower price as a result. But it's better than nothing.
How Does It Work?
- Select the electronic device you want to sell on the buyer’s website for an instant quote.
- If you are happy with the offer, ship your device to the buying website, or buyer on the marketplace or price comparison website, using a printable free shipping label or shipping box sent to you.
- When the buyer receives the device, they will verify the condition of the device. If it is not as described, they will make you a counter offer.
- If you accept their original or counter offer, they will typically issue payment within a few days, by PayPal, check, or Amazon gift card.
- If you do not accept their counter offer, they will send your device back, free of charge.
Top 3 Sites To Sell Your Phones
Here are my top 3 websites and stores to sell your used phones and electronic devices for guaranteed cash.
Visit each website for more information:
- Sell your phones and electronic devices to BuyBackWorld for cash.
- BuyBackWorld buy:
- iPhones, Samsung, Acer, Alcatel, Amazon, Asus, BlackBlu, Berry, CAT, Casio, Dell, Google, HP, Huawei, HTC, Iridium, Kyocera, LeEco, Lenovo, LG, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, OnePlus, Oppo, Palm, Pantech, Sanyo, Sharp, Sonim, Sony, Sony Ericsson, Toshiba, Vertu, Xiaomi, ZTE
- other brands (AT&T, Cricket, Doro, Metro PCS, Sprint, Straight Talk, Unimax, Verizon, Virgin Mobile)
- iPad, iPad Air/Mini/Pro
- iPod Classic/Mini/Nano/Shuffle/Touch
- MacBook, MacBook Air/Pro
- iMac, Mac Mini, Mac Pro
- Apple TV, Apple Display, Apple Airport, Apple Time Capsule, Apple mouse/keyboard, Apple HomePod, Apple Server
- tablets/ereaders (Samsung, Amazon, Acer, Alcatel, Archos, Asus, Barnes & Noble, BlackBerry, Coby, Dell, Fuhu, Google, Hisense, HP, HTC, Huawei, Kobo, Lenovo, LG, Microsoft, Motion Computing, Motorola, Nokia, RCA, Sony, Toshiba, Vaio, Velocity, ViewSonic, Wacom, ZTE)
- gaming consoles (Atari, Microsoft Xbox, Nintendo, Sega, Sony Playstation)
- cameras (Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Samsung, Sony)
- smart watches (Apple Watch, Samsung, Alcatel, Asus, Casio, Cookoo, FiLIP, Fossil, Garmin, Huawei, iM, Kreyos, LG, Martian, MetaWatch, Motorola, Neptune, Pebble, Qualcomm, Razer, Sony, Tag Heuer, WIMM, ZTE)
- gift cards
- Instant quote pricing on 30,000+ products in 30+ categories.
- Free shipping kit and free return.
- Payment by check or PayPal within 5 business days of your device arriving at BuyBackWorld.
- $22 million+ paid out.
- 315,000+ items bought and sold.
- Employees: 11-50 (est. 2009) (http://c1ick.us/buybackworld-lkd)
- BBB accredited rating: B (http://c1ick.us/buybackworld-bbb)
- ResellerRatings rating: 7.9 (3,100+ reviews) (http://c1ick.us/buybackworld-rsr)
- Countries: USA
- Sell your phones, tablets, gaming consoles, MacBooks, iPods, iPads, Kindles, Apple Watches, Macbooks, smart watches, textbooks, Lego, CDs, DVDs and games to Decluttr for cash.
- Get instant price quotes for your items.
- Students get 10% extra cash for CDs, DVDs, games and books!
- Military members and veterans get 12.5% extra cash for CDs, DVDs, games, books, tech and Lego.
- If Decluttr considers the condition of an item to be different to what you stated, Decluttr may revise the offer. If you reject the revised offer, they will mail back your items for free.
- Decluttr do buy phones with cracked screens.
- Ship your box to Decluttr for free:
- Printable shipping label.
- Drop your box off at your local UPS store, customer center, authorized retail outlet, or driver.
- Refer a friend:
- Referrals get 10% off their first order.
- Receive $5 per referral.
- Maximum $500 or 100 friends.
- Receive payment by check, PayPal, or direct deposit into your bank account, the next business day after your items arrive at Decluttr.
- Paid out $250 million to over 4 million customers.
- Mobile app ratings:
- Android: 3.9 (2,800+ reviews / 100,000+ downloads)
- iOS: 4.1 (550+ ratings)
- Employees: 51+ (est. 2014) (http://c1ick.us/decluttr-lkd)
- BBB accredited rating: A+ (http://c1ick.us/decluttr-bbb)
- ResellerRatings rating: 7.5 (13,200+ reviews) (http://c1ick.us/gazelle-rsr)
- TrustPilot Rating: 8.3/10 (400+ reviews) (http://c1ick.us/decluttr-rsr)
- Countries: US, UK.
- Sell your cell phones and electronic devices to Gazelle for cash.
- Gazelle want:
- Samsung phones
- other cell phones (BlackBerry, Google, HTC, LG, Motorola, Nokia)
- iPad, iPad Air/Mini/Pro
- other tablets (Asus, Google, Microsoft, Samsung)
- MacBook, MacBook Air/Pro
- Mac computer (iMac, iMac Pro, Mac Mini)
- iPod Touch/Nano/Classic
- Apple TV
- Refer a friend and:
- you earn a $10 Visa prepaid card
- your friend gets $10 towards their first purchase or trade-in
- Offer is good for 30 days.
- Payment by check, PayPal or Amazon gift card.
- Free shipping label.
- They send you a free box for small electronics over $30.
- Free phone (1-800-Gazelle) and email support.
- Kiosk drop-off: You may drop your electronic device at one of their ecoATM kiosks throughout the United States for immediate cash, however:
- they only accept phones, tablets and MP3 players
- offers tend to be a bit lower than what you get on the website
- $200 million+ paid out to customers
- 2 million+ trade-ins
- Funding: Gazelle raised $55.9 million (http://c1ick.us/gazelle-crb), before it was acquired by Outerwall Inc., in 2015. Outerwall was later acquired for $1.6 billion by Apollo Global Management, LLC., a $7 billion publicly traded company (http://c1ick.us/apolloglobalmanagement-nys), in 2016.
- Employees: 201+ (est. 2008) (http://c1ick.us/ecoatm-lkd)
- BBB accredited rating: B+ (http://c1ick.us/ecoatm-bbb)
- ResellerRatings rating: 8.0 (13,200+ reviews) (http://c1ick.us/gazelle-rsr)
- Countries: USA