Some links are sponsored. We only list verified genuine companies we like.
By Michael Wong | January 10, 2021.
- Earn $200 to $1,000+ per original article/video, freelance writing for the Model Railroad Hobbyist (MRH) magazine, which covers model railroading and on prototype (real) railroading as a subject for modeling.
- MRH want proposals for feature articles, video shorts, and columns, or the submission of articles and videos sent on speculation.
- $200 to $600 per feature article (3,000 words):
- $10 per landscape spread of text (about 350 words)
- $10 per photo
- $25 per virtual reality image (3D click-n-spin)
- $25 per minute of video or audio (5 minutes max)
- $1,000+ for longer feature articles running 20+ pages and 50+ photos
- $100, if your photo makes the cover
- Get payment upon publication.
- Contributing editors:
- receive 1.5 times the normal author rate
- get regular writing assignments
- participate in web-based staff meetings
- get their name on the magazine masthead as a contributing editor in each issue, whether or not they actually contribute anything to that specific issue
- First time global print and/or electronic publication rights to manuscripts, images, video recordings, and audio recordings using a creative commons license.
- You are free to distribute the work as long as the distribution vehicle remains free, and as long as you always provide a link back to the MRH website.
- Employees: 2-10 (est. 2008) (http://c1ick.us/modelrailroadhobbyist-lkd)
- Earnings per word: up to 2.8¢ to 20¢