Some links are sponsored. We only list verified genuine companies we like.
By Michael Wong | January 10, 2021.
- Earn $75+ per original article, freelance writing for Backroads, a monthly magazine featuring motorcycle travel, adventure and touring, with places to go, and things to do with your motorcycle.
- Email Backroads your intentions regarding your article before submission.
- Backroads love pictures, the more the merrier, particularly shots of motorcycles on the move, great scenery, and creative photography.
- Backroads are looking for:
- The Great All American Diner Run: An eatery destination story accompanied by directions - 500 to 750 words, with photos.
- Big City Getaway: 500 to 750 words, with photos along the route and of the destination, and route sheet.
- Mysterious America - Story featuring some mysterious, amazing, bizarre or just head-scratching destination. 500 to 750 words, with photos.
- We're Outta Here - Multi-day destination column, featuring overnight accommodations, route sheet, and photos of area and destination. 500 to 750 words.
- Thoughts from the Road: - Thoughtful reflection on motorcycling, whether it be a specific instance that meant something in your life, a person that influenced you, or just something that ticked you off. 400 to 600 words.
- Full Length Travel Features: It must feature spectacular photography, color preferably, and may be used as a cover story.
- Rights bought: First time North American publication rights.
- Earnings per word: 10¢ to 19¢