Some links are sponsored. We only list verified genuine companies we like.
By Michael Wong | January 10, 2021.
- Earn $100 to $2,000 per original article, freelance writing for The Sun magazine, an independent, ad-free magazine that uses words and photographs to evoke the splendor and heartache of being human.
- Pay rates:
- Interviews: $1,000 to $2,000 (6,000 to 15,000 words)
- Nonfiction: $300 to $2,000
- Fiction: $300 to $2,000
- Poetry: $100 to $250
- Photograph pay rates:
- Photo essays: $500 to $1,000
- Cover photos: $500
- Interior photos: $100 to $200
- The Sun magazine want:
- personal essays
- short stories
- The Sun magazine encourage submissions from writers of color, and interviews with women and people of color.
- Writing from The Sun has won the Pushcart Prize and been selected for numerous anthologies, including Best American Short Stories and Best American Essays.
- Rights bought: One time rights. All other rights revert to the author upon publication.
- Earnings per word: Up to 16.66¢