Some links are sponsored. We only list verified genuine companies we like.
By Michael Wong | January 10, 2019.
- Earn 6¢ to 10¢ per word, freelance writing for Analog's Science Fiction and Fact magazine.
- Pay rate:
- Short fiction: 8¢ to 10¢ (up to 20,000 words)
- Serials: 6¢ per word (40,000 to 80,000 words)
- Fact articles: 9¢ per word (4,000 words)
- Poetry: $1 per line
- Art work:
- Color cover art: $1,200.
- Black and white interiors: $125.
- Analog publish science fiction stories where future science or technology is integral to the plot.
- The science can be physical, sociological, psychological.
- The technology can be anything from electronic engineering to biogenetic engineering.
- The story must be strong and realistic, with believable people (who needn't be human) doing believable things, no matter how fantastic the background might be.
- Rights bought: First English Language serial rights, plus certain non-exclusive rights.
- Earnings per word: 6¢ to 10¢