Some links are sponsored. We only list verified genuine companies we like.
By Michael Wong | January 10, 2021.
- Earn $50 to $250 per original article, freelance writing for HowlRound, a free and open platform for the people involved in theater and/or performance.
- $50 per blog post (750 to 1,000 words)
- $100 per NewCrit, which focuses on analysis of a specific show beyond the traditional "thumbs-up, thumbs-down" review (1,000 to 1,500 words)
- $150 per essay (1,500 to 2,000 words)
- $250 per week long curated series
- HowlRound want:
- theatre commoning
- ideas and practices that challenge and seek to revolutionize the status quo
- lesser-known or marginalized aesthetics, or new forms of theatre practice
- equity, inclusivity, and accessibility for underrepresented theatre communities and practices
- theatre practice, process, and relevant issues in a specific geographic location but that are meaningful and relevant to others around the world
- HowlRound do not want personal attacks, promotional material, or previously published material.
- HowlRound is part of Emerson College, Boston, Massachusetts, which has 400+ academic staff and an endowment of over $100 million.
- Earnings per word: 5¢ to 10¢