Some links are sponsored. We only list verified genuine companies we like.
By Michael Wong | January 30, 2019.
19. Tulane University School of Medicine Standardized Patient (Visit tulanesp):
- Earn $16.50 per hour for basic exam interactions like history taking and general exam procedures, with Standardized Patient jobs at the Tulane University School of Medicine, located in the Medical District of the New Orleans Central Business District, Louisiana.
- Earn more for more intimate exams: female breast and pelvic exams, and male genitourinary exams.
- You usually receive about 10 hours of training. Home study is expected.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good memory.
- Relatively flexible schedules.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Comfortable with your own health and in dealing with health professionals.
- You generally wear hospital gowns and short pants when you meet with medical students, so that a variety of exams can be performed without removing clothing.
- You will not be asked to do invasive exams, such as pelvic or rectal exams.
- If you feel your safety is ever at risk, you can ask the student to stop what they are doing and report to your trainer.
- All student encounters are recorded on video, in part for your safety.
- A Standardized Patient can be trained as a Standardized Patient Teaching Associate.
- A Standardized Patient Teaching Associate acts as both instructor and patient, utilizing your body to instruct and evaluate the techniques of a head-to-toe physical exam.
- Standardized Patients and Standardized Patient Teaching Associates provide about 10,000 hours of practical testing and teaching each year.
- Location: New Orleans, LA.
- Minimum age: 18+
- Countries: USA