By Michael Wong | October 16, 2018.
Some links are sponsored. We only list verified genuine companies we like.
- Earn $16 to $20 per hour as a Qkids Teacher on the Qkids online education platform that connects North American English teachers with over 300,000 Chinese students, aged 5 to 12.
- Pay is $10 per 30 minute lesson, consisting of:
- base pay of $8 per lesson, plus:
- attendance bonus: $1
- performance bonus: $1
- Earnings paid via bank transfer to your US or Canada bank account.
- All teachers, including teachers in Canada, are paid in US dollars.
- Pay date is:
- no later than the 15th of each month for the entire previous month of teaching.
- extended to the next week in the event of any Chinese national holidays.
- Using a narrative game-based curriculum, teachers guide students through fun and dynamic learning experiences, from the comfort of their home.
- 1 to 4 students per lesson.
- Lessons are 30 minutes.
- Minimum commitment: 6 hours (12 lessons) per week.
- Time slots (EST):
- 7 days a week - morning Eastern Time: 6:40-7:10, 7:20-7:50, 8:00-8:30, 8:40-9:10
- Friday and Saturday - Night Eastern Time: 8:40-9:10, 9:20-9:50, 10:00-10:30, 10:40-11:10, 11:20-11:50
- You must check the classroom equipment three minutes before the lesson.
- Flexible contract: You can take time off by notifying the Class Coordination Team.
- The lessons are preset in the app. No lesson planning necessary.
- Teach with cute characters and funny stories.
- Dozens of highly interactive games are designed to make learning and teaching enjoyable.
- Eligible to legally work in the US or Canada.
- Bachelor's degree or currently enrolled in a university program.
- Prior teaching experience or equivalent in education, tutoring, or homeschooling preferred.
- English teaching certificates (TESOL, TEFL, CELTA, ESL) preferred.
- Hiring process:
- Apply with all required materials:
Demo interview 1:
- Screenshot of computer specs.
- 1 to 2 minute introduction video, introducing yourself, where you live, your educational background, and any experience teaching or working with kids. Then tell or read a children’s story.
Demo interview 2:
- Demonstrate technical proficiency (knowledge of the Qkids' teaching platform buttons, tools, and how to manage sound and video quality).
- Answer a few questions about teaching and student interactions.
- Full Q&A interview session for about 25 minutes.
- Briefly demonstrate some of your teaching skills and personality.
- Teach 2 to 5 trial classes with students.
- You will receive family feedback from those classes.
- You will receive the regular base rate of $8 per lesson.
- Computer with a webcam.
- Headset with microphone.
- Stable internet connection (cable connection preferred).
Employees: 201+ (est. 2015) (http://c1ick.us/vipkid-lkd)
Minimum age: 18+
Countries: USA, Canada.
Free to join: Yes
- Windows 7+ or Mac OS 10.9+
- Minimum upload speed: 2 Mbps
- Minimum download speed: 4 Mbps