Some links are sponsored. We only list verified genuine companies we like.
By Michael Wong | January 3, 2022.
- Earn 50¢ to $1 a word, freelance writing for Central Coast Farm & Ranch, who's primary audience are members of the Central Coast agricultural community. But it also contains stories and photographs that appeal to supporters of local food, fans of local restaurants that feature local food, and anyone interested in learning about the past, present and future of the Ventura and Santa Barbara counties signature industry.
- Topics include Central Coast agriculture and departments devoted to local history, edible gardening, agri-tourism destinations, and industry news briefs.
- Pay rates:
- Cover story or feature:
- 50¢ to $1 per word (1,000 to 1,500 words)
- $25 per photograph
- Departments: $350 (500 to 700 words, plus at least one photograph or other illustration)
- News briefs: (300 words)
- Feature photographs: $75 to $150 per assignment, with a bonus of $300 for cover art.
- Earnings paid upon publication.
- Issues are published in March, June, September, and December.
- Rights bought: First North American serial rights. No reprints accepted.
- Earnings per word: 50¢ to $1