By Michael Wong | November 30, 2018.
Some links are sponsored. We only list verified genuine companies we like.
- Nearly Newlywed provides a hands-on service to help you resell your wedding dress on their verified genuine online resale marketplace.
- How it works:
Most dresses that are priced competitively (50%+ off retail) sell within six months, depending on the season, according to Nearly Newlywed.
Nearly Newlywed has partnered with one of the top wedding dress cleaning professionals in the country to offer significantly discounted cleanings.
Funding: $250,000 (http://c1ick.us/nearlynewlywed-agl)
Employees: 2-10 (est. 2012) (http://c1ick.us/nearlynewlywed-lkd)
Minimum age: 18+
Countries: USA, worldwide.
Free to join: Yes
WeddingWire rating: 4.7 (145+ reviews) (http://c1ick.us/nearlynewlywed-wdw)
- Describe your wedding dress in detail and upload 3 to 5 photographs online.
- Pay $25 one-time listing fee.
- Your dress is reviewed by the Nearly Newlywed quality control team within 24 to 48 hours.
- Once approved, they will notify you via email that your listing is live on the site.
- Nearly Newlywed handle all inquiries from potential buyers.
- When your dress sells, you will receive a prepaid shipping label to ship your dress to Nearly Newlywed for inspection and condition verification.
- Nearly Newlywed coordinate with the buyer, including payment, insurance, shipping and returns, and any questions they have.
- Buyer has 5 days to decide whether to keep the dress, which allows them time to meet with a seamstress and determine if the gown is the right fit.
- If the buyer keeps the dress and a sale is confirmed, Nearly Newlywed will send you 60% of the listed sale price by PayPal.
- If the buyer returns the dress, the Nearly Newlywed quality control team reviews it, alongside the photos and condition report originally created when they received the dress from you.
- If the dress passes inspection, the buyer receives a refund and Nearly Newlywed holds your dress in their temperature-controlled storage facility for up to 90 days.
- If the dress does not resell within that time frame they will ship the dress back to you at no cost.
- In the rare instance the dress sustained wear beyond normal shipping and try on use, the return will not be accepted and you will receive the full 60% commission for the sale by PayPal.