Some links are sponsored. We only list verified genuine companies we like.
By Michael Wong | January 10, 2019.
- Earn $40 to $175+ per original content, writing for Highlights for Children, a monthly general interest magazine for children ages 6 to 12.
- $175+ per fictional story:
- Stories for beginning readers: 475 words max
- Stories for independent readers: 750 words max
- Rebus stories: 100 words max
- All genres, except romance, crime or violence
- $175+ per nonfiction article (science, arts, sports, how-to's, world cultures, history, What a Pro Knows, and Gallant Kids):
- Articles for beginning readers: 400 words max
- Articles for independent readers: 750 words max
- $40+ per poetry/verse:
- Non-rhyming verse, humorous poems, and holiday-themed poems
- 16 lines max
- $40+ per craft (gifts, toys, games and decorations) tutorial with step-by-step photos that appeal to both boys and girls
- $40+ per puzzle (math puzzles, code activities, and visual puzzles)
- $50+ per full-color cartoon / $40+ per black-and-white cartoon (single/multiple-panel, with/without a caption, with human/animal characters)
- Earnings paid on acceptance.
- Rights bought: All rights, including copyright.
- 1.2 million+ monthly circulation.
- 1 billion+ copies in print.
- Employees: 201+ (est. 1946) (http://c1ick.us/highlightsforchildren-lkd)
- BBB accredited rating: A+ (http://c1ick.us/highlightsforchildren-bbb)
- Minimum age: 16+
- Countries: USA, Canada.
- Earnings per word: 23¢ to 37¢