Some links are sponsored. We only list verified genuine companies we like.
By Michael Wong | January 10, 2019.
- Earn $75 to $100+ per original article, freelance writing for Freelance Mom, a community for moms who believe that women can still be who they are after becoming a mom.
- $150 bonus to the most shared article each month.
- Your article should:
- offer current, practical and actionable advice and tips
- be in-depth enough that the reader walks away with new knowledge and new approaches
- be well-organized, written in short paragraphs and include lists and bullet points where it makes sense
- include graphics to illustrate your points
- include any references to research or other references you used to write your content
- contain personal stories and anecdotes that connect and are relatable to other moms who want to sell their expertise or currently run a part-time or full-time business
- have a thought-out headline (which gives me a good indication of what your content will be like).
- contain a "20 to 30 minute action plan" at the end (in the form of powerful reflective questions, tools to use, or an actual step-by-step plan that will help the reader apply their learning)
- be original and not published anywhere else, ever (you give Freelance Mom exclusive rights)
- be 900 to 1,500 words
- Examples of articles that do well, include:
- highly personal articles where you share lessons learned, or aggregated case-studies from other moms running businesses based on a particular theme, such as:
- How these three moms priced their services or unique ways to make an extra $1000 a month
- How I increased my Facebook engagement and got 100 new email subscribers
- highly researched articles that illustrate trends or industry knowledge, such as:
- Should you publish your price on your website?
- What the experts say and why?
- education based articles (guides) on specific systems, processes or tools, such as:
- illustrated demo on "how to use a xxx process or tool to save 5 hours a week
- your guide on negotiating price with first time clients
- the one tweak you need to make to your website that your missing
- where you should put your opt-in forms on your website and why
- Earnings paid by PayPal.
- Earnings per word: 6.6¢ to 8¢