Some links are sponsored. We only list verified genuine companies we like.
By Michael Wong | January 10, 2019.
- Earn $100 to $1,500 per original article, freelance writing for Boys' Life magazine, a general interest monthly magazine published by the Boy Scouts of America since 1911.
- Pay rates:
- Nonfiction: $500 to $1,500 (500 to 1,500 words)
- Departments: $100 to $600 (up to 600 words) - Science, nature, earth, health, sports, space and aviation, cars, computers, entertainment, pets, history, music, and back of the book how-to features.
- The Boys' Life magazine cover everything from how to pack a canoe, to professional sports, to American history.
- You can find the Boys' Life magazine in libraries and in Boy Scouts of America council offices, or the digital edition in the Google Play and Apple iTunes app store.
- Boys' Life magazine want articles that:
- interest and entertain boys aged 6 to 17.
- is crisp, punchy writing in relatively short, straightforward sentences
- demonstrate high standards of journalism
- uses the Associated Press Stylebook
- Circulation: 1 million.
- Earnings per word: $1