By Michael Wong | November 22, 2018.
4. PBGC (Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation) (http://c1ick.me/pbgc):
- The PBGC Unclaimed Pensions Search website lists over 72,000 unclaimed pensions at the time of writing.
- Search for unclaimed pensions from former employers that went out of business or ended a defined plan.
- If you find your name on the list, you verify your identity which generally takes four to six weeks.
- When the PBGC establish you are owed a benefit, you may apply for it at any time.
- If you are at retirement age, they will send your first payment within two months. Otherwise, you will receive your benefits at retirement age.