Find Unclaimed Back Wages
(In America In 2021)

By Michael Wong | June 22, 2021.

Wage and Hour Division screenshot

3. Wage and Hour Division (WHD) (Visit wageandhourdivision):

  • If you think you may be owed back wages from your current or previous employer, search the United States Department of Labor's Wage and Hour Division (WHD) database.
  • The WHD enforces labor laws. When they find violations, they often recover unpaid wages on behalf of employees. The WHD will try to locate and notify employees due back wages. If they cannot find an employee, they hold their back wages for three years. After three years, they are required to send the money to the US Treasury.