Some links are sponsored. We only list verified genuine companies we like.
By Michael Wong | January 22, 2019.
- Earn $5 to $75 per hour as a Verbling teacher, teaching English, Spanish, or any of 50+ languages to students worldwide, via video chat.
- Set your own rate and hours available.
- Keep 85% of the rate you set.
- Existing teachers charge $5 to $75 per hour - average is $20 per hour.
- Some teachers earn more than $4,000 a month, according to Verbling.
- Invite a new student, and if they purchase 10 lessons they earn $30 in Verbling credit, and you earn a $15 bonus.
- Earnings paid weekly by PayPal, Payoneer, TransferWise, or Verbling credit.
- You are a native speaker of the language you want to teach.
- Previous experience teaching your native language to speakers of other languages.
- Formal teaching certificate is preferable and will increase your chances of admission, but is not necessarily required.
- Technical requirements:
- Desktop/laptop computer with a camera and microphone.
- Strong internet connection.
- Google Chrome browser.
- Mobile app ratings:
- Android: 3.5 (200+ reviews / 10,000+ downloads)
- iOS: No rating
- 500,000+ members.
- 6,000+ teachers.
- Funding: $3.7 million (http://c1ick.us/verbling-crb)
- Employees: 2-10 (est. 2011) (http://c1ick.us/verbling-lkd)
- Countries: USA, worldwide.
- Free to join: Yes