Some links are sponsored. We only list verified genuine companies we like.
By Michael Wong | May 18, 2019.
- Make money renting out your private room, house, villa, castle, or houseboat on Tripadvisor Rentals marketplace.
- Two listing options:
- Free listing: 3% processing fee from the total rent, including any required and optional fees you specify for your property (cleaning, etc.).
- Annual listing: $360 per year, per property - receive payments from guests directly, or online through the Tripadvisor website (3% processing fee).
- Earnings paid 24-hours after guests check in, by direct deposit into your bank account, or PayPal.
- Damage Deposits cover physical damage, such as broken items, to your property.
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award requirements:
- Great reviews.
- Responsive owner.
- Provide a positive traveller experience.
- Mobile app ratings:
- Android: 4.4 (1.1 million+ reviews / 100 million+ downloads)
- iOS: 4.1 (1,000+ ratings)
- 390 million+ monthly visitors.
- 96 million+ members.
- The Tripadvisor family includes:
- US: Tripadvisor, FlipKey, Vacation Home Rentals.
- Spain: Niumba
- Switzerland: HouseTrip
- UK: Holiday Lettings
- Funding: Tripadvisor, Inc., is a $6 billion publicly traded company (http://c1ick.us/tripadvisor-ndq).
- Employees: 1,001+ (est. 2000) (http://c1ick.us/tripadvisor-lkd)
- Minimum age: 18+
- Countries: USA, worldwide.
- Free to join: Yes (3% processing per booking, or $360 per year, per property)