By Michael Wong | October 1, 2018.
OpenBiome: Fecal Transplant (Poop For Cash)
If you read about this next way to make money in a forum you might think it was rubbish. It is actually genuine.
Did you know you can donate your stools (poop) for cash and save lives at the same time?
Yes, you can!
Why Would Someone Pay Cash For Your Stools?
Did you know your stools can save lives?
"Clostridium difficile" is an aggressive gut infection that affects about 500,000 Americans per year. The bacteria can cause extreme gastrointestinal distress, leaving some sufferers housebound.
It can cause kidney disease, even death. Every year, about 30,000 people die from Clostridium difficile related causes. One in five patients find that the infection comes back, even after taking antibiotics.
Where antibiotics have failed, a new treatment called Fecal Microbiota Transplantation (FMT) has been shown to be effective 85% after the first try.
In the procedure, stool from a healthy donor is transplanted into a patient's colon.
OpenBiome, a nonprofit stool bank, helps expand safe access to fecal transplants and catalyzing research on the human microbiome, by screening donors and processing their stool to produce fecal microbiota preparations for use in clinical settings.
Your donation could help change someone's life. That is why someone is willing to pay cash for your stools.
Visit the website for more information:
- Earn $40 per stool donation with OpenBiome in Boston or Cambridge, MA.
- Stool collection labs:
- Boston University-West, MA: 870 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA 02215 - open Monday to Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m
- Central Square, MA: 16 Cherry St, Cambridge, MA 02139 - open Monday to Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m
- Aged 18 to 50 during the donation period.
- Visit an OpenBiome lab at least 3 times a week, for at least 60 days.
- Body Mass Index (BMI) of under 30.
- Exceptionally healthy.
- Pre-screen medical history questionnaire and interview at an OpenBiome lab.
- Two rounds of rigorous screening that involve blood and stool tests to determine whether you have any potentially infectious pathogens.
- Undergo a second round of blood and stool screening after 60 days of donating - if you pass this round of screening, the stools collected in the previous 60 days will be released and shipped to treat patients all over the United States.
- How it works:
- Join the stool donor registry.
- Take the health questionnaire.
- Attend the clinical interview.
- Complete blood and stool screening.
- Donate at least 3 times a week for 60 days, for as long as you want.
- Your stools are turned into treatments for doctors to treat C. diff infection, while some of it is used in clinical research to discover new ways to use gut bacteria to treat disease.
- Treatments are sent to:
- 1,000+ medical centers across 50 states treating patients with C. diff infection
- 20+ clinical trials testing fecal transplantation in ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, and other disorders
- 30,000+ treatments shipped
- 4,000+ pounds of stools processed
- Funded 84+ pro bono treatments
- Supporting 30+ basic science trials
- Supporting 25+ enrolling/ongoing studies
- 99.86% of US residents are within a four hour drive of an OpenBiome partner
- Employees: 11-50 (est. 2013) (http://c1ick.us/openbiome-lkd)
- Address: Somerville, MA: 200 Inner Belt Road, Somerville, MA 02143 - (617) 575-2201
- Minimum age: 18+
- Countries: USA
- Free to join: Yes
This article is an excerpt from my "Giigs" book, which has over 50 ways to earn money with 300+ verified genuine companies in America in 2018 and beyond. Buy a copy to unlock all 300+ verified genuine companies.
REPUBLISH: This article may be republished. Conditions apply. Full details.
Start a discussion or add a comment. No ads/links. Must be logged into Facebook. Be nice. :-)