Some links are sponsored. We only list verified genuine companies we like.
By Michael Wong | January 22, 2019.
- Earn $10 to $100+ per 15 minutes, providing live, 1-to-1 coding help, answering questions, and code reviews, via screen sharing, video, and text, on the Codementor on-demand, software developer marketplace.
- Set your own rate:
- Typically, a mentor's rate starts at $10 per 15 minutes.
- Experienced mentors charge $50 to $100+ per 15 minutes.
- Mentors with 30+ sessions and/or jobs charge an average rate of $15 per 15 minutes, according to Codementor.
- You can offer "first 15 minutes free" to encourage customers to try your service.
- Keep 80% to 87% of the fee you charge (minimum all-time rating 4.8+):
- 3+ live sessions or freelance jobs for the week: 82%
- 7+ sessions or freelance jobs for the week: 85%
- 12+ sessions or freelance jobs for the week: 87%
- You can also earn money assisting clients as a freelancer.
- Refer a developer and earn up to a total of $500:
- Approved to be a mentor: $10
- Completes 10 sessions: $90
- Completes the trial period of a CodementorX project: $150
- Completes a CodementorX project: $250
- Earnings paid weekly by Transferwise, PayPal, direct deposit to your bank account (USA Only), or Bitcoin.
- Set your own schedule and customize your availability.
- Mobile app ratings:
- Android: 3.1 (50+ reviews / 1,000+ downloads)
- iOS: No rating
- Join 250,000+ developers and 8,000+ vetted expert mentors that including, book authors, popular open source contributors, top Stack Overflow users, and engineers at top tech companies.
- Funding: $3.4 million (http://c1ick.us/codementor-crb)
- Employees: 11-50 (est. 2013) (http://c1ick.us/codementor-lkd)
- Minimum age: None
- Countries: USA, worldwide.
- Free to join: Yes