By Michael Wong | June 22, 2021.
- Every year 15,000 savings bonds and 25,000 payments are returned to the Department of the Treasury as undeliverable.
- Billions of dollars in savings bonds have stopped earning interest but have not been cashed.
- The Treasury Hunt database is no longer available.
- Instead, you must submit a claim for lost, stolen or destroyed United States savings bonds, using “FS Form 1048,” available for download at http://c1ick.us/fsform1048.
- To figure out whether your savings bonds have stopped earning interest without searching the Treasury Hunt database: