Some links are sponsored. We only list verified genuine companies we like.
By Michael Wong | January 3, 2022.
- Earn an average of $16 per hour, tutoring students locally, or online, with tutoring jobs on the Tutor Matching Service marketplace.
- It was originally financially sponsored by a handful of university tutoring centers, career centers, and student governments, including IUPUI, Caltech, Purdue University, NYU-Polytechnic, and Kent State University.
- UIPUI, Caltech, Purdue University, Boise State University, College of Charleston, Syracuse University, Clemson University, and 100 other institutions use Tutor Matching Service to supplement their on-campus tutoring.
- You set your hourly rate - students pay a 10% service fee on top of your hourly rate.
- Some tutors offer $0 lessons, alongside their standard rates, for students of the same university because the university pays the fee.
- Earnings paid by direct deposit to your bank account, or PayPal, 48 hours after the lesson.
- "Tutor Essentials" online tutor training course:
- Developed by Purdue University.
- Endorsed by College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA).
- Get a "Trained In Tutor Essentials" certification badge on your tutor profile.
- Self-paced, taking 3 to 5 hours to complete.
- Earn badges to help you get more clients:
- High CPA
- Mobile app ratings:
- Android: 2.7 (5+ reviews / 1,000+ downloads)
- iOS: No ratings
- 550+ tutors.
- Employees: 2-10 (est. 2009) (http://c1ick.us/tutormatchingservice-lkd)
- Free to join: Yes