Some links are sponsored. We only list verified genuine companies we like.
By Michael Wong | January 10, 2021.
- Earn $100 to $2,000 per original article, freelance writing for LiisBeth, a website to share field notes on the lives and lessons of contemporary feminist entrepreneurs.
- Pay rates:
- Feature by experienced professional writers: $750 to $1,000 (1,000 to 1,200 words)
- Feature by experienced or emerging writers: $500 to $1,000 (800 to 1,000 words)
- Short articles or reprints from amateur, emerging and professional writers: $150 (350 to 500 words)
- Accepted but non-commissioned illustrations, poetry, art, spoken word audio clips: $150
- All contributors receive a profile under the "Contributor" tab on the LiisBeth website, which includes a photo, web link field, brief description of who you are and your work.
- Contributors also receive complimentary invitations to IRL experiences including Salons and Field Trips.
- Once a year, LiisBeth hold a Contributor meet up so you can meet each other contributors, as well as LiisBeth readers, advisory board, etc.
- LiisBeth want:
- intellectual service articles, profiles, op-eds, personal stories, interviews, and policy critiques that reflect the interests of feminist entrepreneurs
- edgy, positive, journalistic articles that provide readers a feminist's perspective on entrepreneurship and innovation happenings, including politics and policy
- LiisBeth prioritize queries from writers who are subscribers to the free LiisBeth newsletter and demonstrate they have actually read the magazine.
- 1,400+ subscribers
- 10,000+ social media followers
- Primarily feminist entrepreneurs, 25-55 years old, who either self identify as feminist, or are curious about the issues, and operate enterprises that incorporate feminist values.
- 25% of online audience are male
- Readers are well educated, informed, concerned about the role of gender bias in the economy, rising inequality, social justice, and the environment, and are interested in making a difference in the world.
- 60% North American, 20% Canadian, and 20% International.
- Earnings paid with 7 days upon acceptance of article.
- Earnings per word: 30¢ to $1