Some links are sponsored. We only list verified genuine companies we like.
By Michael Wong | January 3, 2022.
- Earn $100 to $300 per original article, freelance writing for Equestrian Living, a magazine, newsletter, and website that provides an insider's view of equestrian society, as well as fashion, style, decor, events, travel, literature, arts, and equestrian sports.
- Pay rates:
- Features: $200 to $300 (1,200 to 3,000 words)
- Departments: $100 (350 to 550 words)
- Special Features: Negotiable
- Travel diary stories: Unpaid
- Equestrian Living are looking for articles on:
- barns and home design
- behind the scenes coverage of events
- dining hot spots
- fiction and essays
- style and decor
- travel destinations
- visits and profiles of prominent people living an equestrian lifestyle
- visits/tours of unique homes, farms, ranches, and barns around the globe
- Articles of all categories, including fiction and essays wanted.
- You may be able to include a short author biography (50 words), and a link to your website, books, or social media pages, in the "About the Author" section of the article.
- Equestrian Living adheres to the Associated Press (AP) style guidelines.
- Rights bought:
- First North American serial rights for print, enewsletter, and the website.
- You cannot re-sell print articles for 12 months following the publication date.
- Bloggers may not re-submit blogs to other publications for 6 months following publication unless linked "As appearing in EQ."
- Earnings per word: 10¢ to 29¢